giving it up

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's official, Lent is upon us yet again and I now don ashes on my forehead and have been trying to come up with what to give up for the better part of a week. Well I think I finally have it figured out.... drum roll (totally unnecessary, but I'm keeping it)........

I'm doing the same thing as last year. No more online shopping. Plus a bonus for my newly formed (like 6 months ago) bad habit: no more pop. Soda. Coke. Whatever you call it wherever you are. I call it pop. And I can't have it at 2:00pm on weekdays anymore, or when I had too much to drink the night before, or really anytime over the next 40 days.

Now, the whole point is to give these things up and not make a big deal out of it, which I promise I'll do, but I need to somehow keep myself honest and I figured posting it on finer feelings will do just that. Every time I want to buy this or this (and yes, I'm still in the polka dot phase), I'll just need to remember that I can't cheat; my Lenten promise is on the internets for all to see and judge.

And just because I want a pretty picture in this post, here's some hump day inspiration for ya.

via

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger