winter: revisited

Monday, February 13, 2012

First off, because it's on the forefront of my mind, J. Hud absolutely blew me away last night. What did you guys think? I was in tears halfway through the song. She has such poise and sent chills up and down my spine with her rendition of Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You. Now back to the topic....

Has everyone else noticed all the blogs about spring fashion that have popped up so early in 2012? I love rushing seasons...I'm the girl that wears flip flops when it's 50 degrees in March and dons chunky sweaters and boots if it hits 75 in August. And I'm all for planning ahead, getting inspiration boards updated, stalking the Spring catalogs and keeping a shopping list of the next season's must-haves in your planner.... but there's still probably another month of winter in Kansas City. Just look what we woke up to this morning:

via Instagram @monicarosekc
As previously mentioned, I tend to leave the house in neutral and dark colors, especially in the winter. This was true yet again this season, but I'm determined to give my wardrobe a whole new look to last through the end of winter and will transform in to spring, with a minimal amount of purchases. My strategy is to only add bright pieces to my closet... Here are some of my favorite finds:


H&M orange dress: $49.95
Wear it now: with a blazer and boots
In the spring: as shown, with espadrilles 

Old Navy cap toe canvas ballet flats: $22.94
Wear it now: with your favorite skinny jeans and chunky sweater
In the spring: with shorts (preferably patterned) and a thin sweater



ASOS lace waisted dress: $35.81
 Wear it now: with tights and ankle booties
In the spring: with a super bright cardi



kate spade new york julianna flats: $75
 Wear it now: with opaque tights and a dress
In the spring: as a surprise pop of color under your maxi skirt



Gap colorblock button shoulder sweater: $44.95
Wear it now: with jeans and a patterned button-up shirt underneath
In the spring: with a mini skirt! Or I do like the white jeans Gap chose to style it with....



La Mer neon simple wrap watch: $88
 Wear it now: peeking out from sweaters
In the spring: as a statement piece on a bare arm



Marc by Marc Jacobs bob's memphis trip pochette: $298

And in a perfect world I'd be able to afford this disgustingly adorable bag...... but hey - the rest of the pieces are all within a 20-something's discretionary (post-tax refund) budget. 

That's all for today, I hope everyone had a great start to their work week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger