energy bites

Tuesday, April 23, 2013



Today I'm going to tell you about these delicious energy bites I've become a major fan of lately. I am one of those people who prefer 6 small meals (or constantly grazing) over 3 large ones a day. While I'd love to snack on jalapeno potato chips every afternoon a few hours after lunch, my pencil skirts won't allow for much more waistline to cover. I found this recipe a while ago and have created my own version that I really love. So if you're like me and need a little pick-me-up between meals, try these all-natural, protein-packed energy bites out!

Here are the ingredients I use:


Since this picture, I've started using Natural Jif, and actually like the taste more than the regular Peter Pan. I also use less honey and vanilla than the recipe in the link states because I enjoy the nutty flavors over the sweet. Here are the measurements I have found the most delicious:

1/2 cup natural peanut butter
Less than 1/3 (but more than 1/4) cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup old fashioned oats
3/4 cup unprocessed wheat bran
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup slivered almonds, chopped fine

The end result - about 12 of these yummy balls of goodness!


1 comments:

  1. FINALLY!!! I have literally been waiting for this post since you texted me about these things... I am going to make them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger