40 days without what?

Friday, February 15, 2013



Oh that lovely Lenten season is among us yet again. A time to sacrifice, which for some means giving up a guilty pleasure, and for some means enhancing life by promising to do something good for these 40 days. This year I decided I needed both in my life. Things to nix: beer and french fries. Thing to add: praying every single day. No exceptions. 

Not that indulging in beer and french fries puts me at odds with my religion, but it will be a test of my self-control. Beer, with its convenience and low price tag during basketball season (not to mention the green kind on St. Patty's Day) will be difficult to say no to. I guess this will make my red wine habit even more ridiculous.

When dining out, I never opt for a healthier option when french fries are the standard side with a pub sandwich or burger. Don't even get me started on how much I'm going to miss dipping them in a variety of condiments. In case you're curious and didn't give up fries for Lent, Blanc Burgers has my very favorite sauce. I crave the spicy tanginess of their orange dip. OK I need to stop talking about this, it's 10am on the third day of Lent and I'm driving myself crazy writing this paragraph. 

What are you giving up, or adding, this Lent? 

images 1, 2

2 comments:

  1. Blanc Burger is just simply the best every time. Prayer every day is tough for me too - I love this new book by Scotty Smith because it makes it easy to be intentional about prayer - http://www.amazon.com/Everyday-Prayers-Gospel-Centered-Faith-ebook/dp/B005GMYADU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1360947832&sr=8-2&keywords=everyday+prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I needed to come to your blog and see if you had written anything about Lent! I'm trying to give up swearing, though I have already failed a few times. I feel like I never realized how commonplace it has become in my vocabulary, and it contributes to an overall negative energy. As something I'm trying to do more of, one is definitely going to church every week as this is something I haven't been previously committed to. I'm also reading May Cause Miracles, which is ironically a 40-day guidebook to live a happier life!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger