Top 5 favorite cheeses. No crackers necessary.
1. Port Salut: Creamy and mild semi-soft cow's milk cheese. Simply divine. I'm going to have to make this quiche recipe stat.
2. Parrano: Lesser-known cousin of the popular Gouda, this cheese is harder and saltier and a major crowd-pleaser.
3. Gorgonzola Dolce: Blues aren't for everyone, but this cheese is milder and softer than a typical blue cheese. I love it spread over toasted French bread or in a cream sauce over gnocchi.
4. Gruyere: This one I came about late in the game; it is nutty, smooth and gone before I know it. My favorite is picking the melted gooey pieces off the side of my French Onion soup bowl.
5. Smoked Gouda: Smoky (obviously), semi-hard yellow cheese that most people are familiar with and enjoy.
|Port Salut deliciousness|