Top 5 Tuesday: lonny nov/dec issue

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Well this was again very difficult to narrow down my five favorite finds from this past issue of Lonny. And as promised, I'm a month late. So without further adieu narrative, here they are!

1. the luxe life

Celerie Kemble designs

 OMG that chandelier!!! I will probably get excommunicated for saying this, but I really dislike chandeliers. I think they are gaudy and downright offensive in most living spaces. However; this 1970s Italian glass leaf chandelier is simply glamazing in a feminine, eclectic way. Now take your eyes away from the light fixture, and you'll see the table is set with my new favorite tableware: Goldware! 

2. Jonathan Adler

needlepoint zodiac pillows
Lonny did a 10-page spread on Jonathan Adler for this issue. I've always loved his whimsy, happy and irreverent (his word, not mine!) style, and wanted to know more about who he is and how he tapped in to that fun-ness, oh and made *tons* of money off it. Well Lonny readers, most of those answers are in the mag! You'll get an inside look of his office, which I want to steal the cork wall idea for huge inspiration boards. 

3. hints of peacock



I have a similar vase with peacock feather in my living room right now. It brings some height and texture to an otherwise neutral space. The chair is called Peacock chair, produced by Shi & Erhard. How cute would this be in a master bedroom, or even better, screened-in porch??

4. diy


Some of the beautiful pieces in this Manhattan living room definitely belong in the luxe life section, but the part of this space I want to focus on are the blinds. They are from Sears, and the owner (Lonny's features editor) used Gorilla Glue and brown velvet to make them one-of-a-kind. What a great idea.... this is going to Pinterest for future use.

5. really great quotes/advice

"Carrie Fisher says that what you hang on your bedroom walls is what you want for your life. Yikes. So I've made a concerted effort to surround myself with images that move and uplift me." - Robert Leleux, Lonny's features editor


Advice from Jonathan Adler. I will take it!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger