spring scent

Friday, March 15, 2013



Confession: I have worn the same perfume almost exclusively for the past 11 years.

Angel by Thierry Mugler

I only need two fingers to count the number of times I have chosen not to refill the pretty star bottle right away and tried something new. Both of those perfumes were fine, but I always ended up going back to Angel. It is sugary at first, but when the liquid dries on my skin, the patchouli takes over and it's this perfect mix of woodsy/vanilla deliciousness. When I get stopped in stores by women who have to know what perfume I'm wearing, or when I walk into a room and people know it's me just from the Angel wafting in, I know I found a good thing in this scent.

That being said, I gave my empty bottle to my parents over Valentine's Day to refill as a gift (for Easter I'm hoping!) so have been without this divine perfume for over a month. For awhile, I wasn't wearing any smell-good-stuff at all. Then I remembered a birthday gift I received in January, Laura Mercier's Almond Coconut Milk Body Butter. It's sweet, but not overpowering, and it lasts subtly on my skin for hours and hours. So while I'm waiting for an Angel refill, this decadent body butter is an excellent substitute.

I always have an internal debate whether I'm cheating myself by not being more adventurous with perfumes, or if it would just end up a waste of money. For now, I think I'm going to continue sticking with what works with my pheromones.

Do you have a signature scent, or do you change perfumes with the season?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger