grateful

Thursday, January 5, 2012



Happy New Year! I'm back after a long hiatus that was filled with a beachy Christmas in Cancun with the fam (and matching shirts to boot), NYE and getting back in to the swing of things at work.

You know the saying "Don't live in the past", and I try to honor that as much as possible, but this morning I couldn't help reminiscing on how wonderful of a year 2011 was. So for my first post of 2012, I just wanted to document a few of the things I'm most grateful for this past year. More on New Year's resolutions after I return from Dallas where I'll be watching the Wildcats dominate in the Cotton Bowl. 

So here are a few of the things I am most grateful for that happened in 2011... other than the standard health, happiness, friends and family:

1. Travel
       Wow did I get to jet set this past year! If I go chronologically, here were some of the more exciting
       destinations:
       Chicago, Breckenridge, Schenectady, Buenos Aires, Uruguay, Rio de Janeiro, San Antonio,
       Miami, Napa Valley, Cancun. Whew! 

2. 
       Don't think this needs any explanation!!

3. New job
       Better bosses, better PTO, working in the heart of downtown KC, and a healthy work/life balance.

4. Starting finer feelings
       Documenting current obsessions, ideas, desires and escapades. And for you, my lovely readers who       
       take time out of your day to read my stuff. Thank YOU. 

5. FRYE boots
       If you are a regular reader, you're not surprised these guys made the list.

6. Good music
       Foster the People, The Black Keys, Florence + the Machine, and Spotify in the USA!

7. Zac Posen's fall 2011 collection
       I mean it's pretty much perfection. If you forgot, shame on you (just kidding!) but here's a refresher.

8. K-State
       Love. This. University. From our showing in March Madness (miss you Jacob Pullen!) to the ridiculous
       football season we've had so far, and all of the wonderful people, culture and opportunities there, I'm
       grateful every day I picked purple. 

9. Frank's Buffalo sauce
       If I could find a way to incorporate this in to every recipe, I would. Technically this has been around
       long before 2011, but I used it a lot this year, so it makes the cut. 

10. Glitter
       Never since my drill team days have I seen so much glitter than I did in 2011, and I love it. 

via


via


0 comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger