2012: the year of the reader?

Monday, January 30, 2012

Hello and Happy Monday! Sorry I've been MIA lately, 2012 has been busy (but good!) so far. What's happened over the last few weeks? I turned 26, booked two international trips (!!!), bought a Kindle and met a friend's newborn daughter!

I held an internal debate whether or not to give in to the hype and get a Kindle for many months. I like to think of myself as an early adapter when it comes to most things, but to me, e-readers threatened to stunt the growth of my book collection (remember this post?). But after Cancun, where I finished a cumbersome 400 page hardback three days in to the trip, I realized there might be a certain convenience worth the $79 price tag of Amazon's gadget. (I was more than halfway through the book when we left for vacay... I'm not that fast of a reader!) Anyway, my mom was nice enough to let me download a book on her Kindle, and since then I've pretty much been hooked. I'll still buy classics and books I want to keep forever in hardback, but for book club and trendy fiction books, it's far easier to download the inexpensive e-book than buy it online, or wait for it to become available at the public library. 

So what's on my list of books to read in 2012? So far I've finished "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet", I'm 33% through "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" and have "War Horse" and Ellen Degeneres' new book, "Seriously... I'm Kidding" in queue. On top of those I'd like to finish at least three classics, one biography and the last two books in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy. Not to mention the six book club books we'll pick this year... I'm so ready to be a big book worm in 2012!


Hannes Beer


0 comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger