bucket list: visit all 50 states: wisconsin

Wednesday, December 26, 2012


Hello! I hope you all had a relaxing and blessed holiday.
I'm back after a 14 hour car ride home that started early yesterday morning. Mom said it best when, after a few hours of road tripping, she muttered "This has got to be one of the weirdest Christmases we've had yet."
We spent all but one hour, from 8:30am to 10:30pm, in her SUV on Christmas day.

Instead of turkey, homemade cookies, and mashed potatoes & gravy (my absolute favorite), we ate gas station food and Hardee's. That sounds a bit depressing, but it wasn't so bad. The family was together, I got about 4 hours of sleep, knitted half a scarf, and ate a ton of sunflower seeds (second favorite).

We had made it safely to our final destination and back: Wisconsin. 
My aunt & uncle, their three boys, and grandma relocated to Fort Atkinson over a year ago for my uncle's job. It's about 30 minutes from Madison, and if the roads weren't so icy and the weather wasn't so cold, we might have taken a day trip to the state's second largest city and home of their beloved Badgers. As it was, the state was covered in a beautiful white blanket of snow (!), so we stayed in the house playing games, opening gifts, and eating a delicious feast on Christmas Eve. This also means that I didn't get many any quality photos of the state. It was serene, calm, and cold. I saw wild turkeys for the first time, and went outside long enough to visit my uncle's office building.


I wanted to take so many more pictures of the beautiful white scenery while we drove through the state, but the car windows were too dirty to get a decent shot. So there you have it - I've been to Wisconsin!
Check that bad boy off the list and add a star to the new 50 states (and DC) map.

Next in line to get crossed off the bucket list: Arizona in January!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger