It's snowing again today. The big, fluffy kind of snowflakes perfect for getting stuck on tongues. I'm off work yet again, so I've had a lot of time to think about my 2012 resolutions and what I want to make a priority in 2013. I've also had far too much time to think about what I'm wearing tonight.
A quick look at my 2012 resolutions shows I did mediocre at best this year.
1. Learn Spanish: #fail.
2. Work out three times a week: got much better at this after joining Woodside in June.
3. Go to church: I went, but certainly not every week.
4. Eat more veggies: this got better with joining Woodside, although I still indulge in cheeseburgers and fries enough to stay happy and sane.
5. Read 12 books: the final count, assuming I finish Life of Pi today, will be 6 complete books and 4 halves. Dangit.
But I must say this year was a wonderful one, full of travel, friends, an amazing football season, and life-changing experiences. So this year, on top of keeping up with #2-5 from above, I have set the following resolutions, which are more about life enhancements than restrictions.
In 2013 I will....
1. Reserve more moments for quiet mindedness. This could be prayer, reading, or meditation, but time with a screen in front of my face does not count.
2. Participate in more dance parties.
3. Take a cooking class.
4. See more live music. This past year I saw some great shows (Foster the People, Jason Mraz, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Old Crow Medicine Show) but there's always room for improvement.
5. Distance myself from negative people.