resolute

Monday, December 31, 2012




It's snowing again today. The big, fluffy kind of snowflakes perfect for getting stuck on tongues. I'm off work yet again, so I've had a lot of time to think about my 2012 resolutions and what I want to make a priority in 2013. I've also had far too much time to think about what I'm wearing tonight.

A quick look at my 2012 resolutions shows I did mediocre at best this year.
1. Learn Spanish: #fail.
2. Work out three times a week: got much better at this after joining Woodside in June.
3. Go to church: I went, but certainly not every week.
4. Eat more veggies: this got better with joining Woodside, although I still indulge in cheeseburgers and fries enough to stay happy and sane.
5. Read 12 books: the final count, assuming I finish Life of Pi today, will be 6 complete books and 4 halves. Dangit.

But I must say this year was a wonderful one, full of travel, friends, an amazing football season, and life-changing experiences. So this year, on top of keeping up with #2-5 from above, I have set the following resolutions, which are more about life enhancements than restrictions.

In 2013 I will....

1. Reserve more moments for quiet mindedness. This could be prayer, reading, or meditation, but time with a screen in front of my face does not count.
2. Participate in more dance parties.
3. Take a cooking class.
4. See more live music. This past year I saw some great shows (Foster the People, Jason Mraz, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Old Crow Medicine Show) but there's always room for improvement.
5. Distance myself from negative people.
6. Save money for a DSLR camera, buy one, take a class or two, and use it.

Happy New Year's Eve! I hope you have a wonderful night with lots of champagne and sparkles.

images // 1, 2

3 comments:

  1. Dan got a gift card to the culinary center for xmas. You two should go on a cooking date and blue eyes and I can stay home and drink beer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to join you with number six! It's been on my bucket list for a while!

    Here's to a healthy and happy 2013! Hope you have a blast tonight!

    x Kenzie

    www.CaveGirlintheCirty.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger