on being a vacation junkie

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

As I am clicking the Purchase button at Expedia today for a trip wayyyy far out in the future (Jan. 2013) I thought about my ridiculous leisure travel schedule over the past two years: 6 different countries and at least 10 separate trips. Apparently if you need a friend to go on vacay with, I'm the one to ask. I'm like Ado Annie, I just can't say no.

Yeah, it gets expensive and definitely puts a damper on my ability to partake in most some happy hours and enjoy expensive wine and shop at J. Crew all the time, but here's why I'm doing this now. First off I have decent PTO at my job thank goodness. Secondly, my friends keep deciding to get married in exotic places (keep it up, friends!).  Tertiarily (not really a word but I use it at work all the time to sound ridiculous), my grandparents would say their favorite memories together were when they went traveling the world and learning new cultures. So sweet, right? So if not now, when?!

via
What are your next vacation plans? Or where's your next dream vacation? I am dying to go to Europe....

2 comments:

  1. you will never ever look back and say ... "gosh i wish i would have traveled less". and if you ever need me to get married in mexico again, just ask. i'm sure i can figure something out. AND ... shopping+wine, let's do this thing. i say wine first so that i can get my courage up to spend some money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thank you Laura that's so sweet of you..... let the following commence!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger