whirlwind

Thursday, October 4, 2012

how i'm feeling lately.
These last few weeks have left me feeling completely upside down. Between traveling for work (recruiting trips in Manhattan and Orlando for a conference) and play (Utah and Wyoming), multiple happy hours and other special events each week (not complaining - but it's getting to the point where I have to start saying No) and trying to keep up a semi-consistent fitness routine, eating well, maintaining good relationships, (oh, and that little thing called my job), I'm about to crawl in to my messy room and not come out until I'm completely unpacked, the laundry is done, my vanity is cleaned and my pile of reading material is read. The length of that sentence is reminding me of the length of my to-do list..... Gah. The reading material alone would take weeks, and with lots of fun activities in the month ahead (and hopefully follow-up posts about them) unfortunately  hibernation is not an option.

So here's where I ask you, my lovely readers,  for advice. How do you take a step back from the chaos, get a fresh perspective on things, choose what to attend and what to skip out on, wind down, etc. when it feels like you just can't catch up?

image can be found on my happy pinterest board. if someone can find/knows the source, please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. alone time! when i'm feeling overwhelmed (uhhh..the past two weeks) i usually clean my apartment. sounds weird but working in a clean environment helps me focus so much better. if you don't feel like cleaning go hang at starbucks it's way more fun to get caught up with a latte in hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you figure this out please let me know too! I'm struggling with this MAJORLY!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger