faves: memorial day weekend

Tuesday, May 22, 2012


via kspeddler's etsy shop
Were you wondering if I had survived the Crawl? Not to worry, I did. With only one embarrassing moment in the form of a dance off. I refuse to put up pictures of what, at the time, I thought was an excellent showing of my i-was-on-drill-team-in-high-school skills. I hopped to the Soulja Boy alongside some man with a beard in front of a crowd in the back of the Riot Room, my hair flying all over the place while my friends took pictures and video. For the record: friends don't let friends compete in dance offs after sharing 10 pitchers of beer. Especially without a hair tie.

So I'll chalk that weekend up as a success. What else can ya do?

All the way back here, when this blog was an infant (it's a toddler now, I think), I mentioned how one of my favorite places is the Lake of the Ozarks. Since then I've left the continent for the first time and can say the lake is still one of my faves. We're heading there this weekend, and I'm looking forward to relaxing in the sun with my family and Blue Eyes, J. Crew & Banana Factory shopping, and hours of board game competition. Maybe I can finally beat my dad at Scrabble - thanks to lots of practice via WWF.

I just wish I had this cute suit to lounge around in!

j. crew


What are your Memorial Day plans?

1 comments:

  1. Love Lake of the Ozarks! Have a great trip! I am going on a work trip... but it is at least out of my city... so I am looking forward to having a hotel with a pool!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger