harder better faster cheaper

Monday, June 25, 2012

via
I joined a gym a few weeks ago. With that membership came a new monthly bill to pay, and another category of apparel to furnish my closet. Before last week, I had one pair of Zella pants and a few crummy ribbed tanks to run errands work out in.

Now, I've heard a lot about this lululemon brand from my Fusion Fitness friends, but after seeing how expensive it is (um, can it really be that much better?) I knew I needed to find an option B and I had no idea where to start.

During my search for workout gear, I found an awesome little spot where the garments are comfortable, cost-effective and cute. So I'll let you in on my little secret.


layered racerback tank / sports bra $19.94

black & pink compression capris $22.94
compression leggings $14.99




racerback tank $12.94


Maybe it's not a surprise for you, but I was shocked to find all of these great pieces at Old Navy! I even price compared at Target and TJ Maxx, and Old Navy came out on top every time. I now live in the compression capris and love the layered sports bra/tank. It makes me extra motivated to get in shape when my workout clothes are cute.

What are your favorite brands for reasonable workout gear? Please dish, I'm especially looking for tennis shorts/skirts!

3 comments:

  1. It is so expensive, but lulu lemon IS that much better! Maybe it's because I live in work out clothes all summer, but nothing beats the comfiness of it.
    Try it out some time! Racerback tanks are on sale often for around $20.
    When I was training for the 1/2 I also found some great pants & tanks at GAP for a great price! I'm not shorts wearer, but GAP had some in the same line.
    I'm also in love with my black nike pants from Dick's. And I found some black and gray at the Nike outlet recently.
    I could talk about sweats all day :)
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Morgan on the GAP, great stuff, comfortable and reasonably priced!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these finds! I totally agree that lulu lemon is crazy expensive. I've thought about buying yoga pants there because they come in lengths (I'm too tall for most yoga pants), but I can't bring myself to drop $100 on them! I'll definitely check out Old Navy for some more affordable alternatives!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger