sparkle and shine sweater time

Wednesday, September 7, 2011



Who doesn't love sparkles? I don't know, but I'll tell you who really does love them: the drag queen that works at the check out counter at the neighborhood grocery store. I go to her aisle on every visit because she is a hoot. She's ginormous (6'3''+, built like a linebacker) and you can see her eyes from 20 yards away thanks to her iridescent shimmer shadow. I'll call her Shimmer because I don't recall her wearing a nametag..... She always wears long-sleeve lace tops under her hunter green work polo and her hair looks like Jackie O's, but red. She's fantastic.

Back to the point. Yesterday at the grocery store, I was wearing the Banana Republic sequin sweater below, when Shimmer looks over from her screen and caresses my shoulder, going on about how she loooves sequins. So this post is for Shimmer and all her fabulousness, and anyone else who digs a little (or a lot) of sparkle in their sweaters.
Vince sequin tee
Dolman sleeves give this look a more casual feel.

banana republic sequin-shoulder pullover
This is what Shimmer loved so much. I must agree with her - and in a great color!

TopShop zigzag jumper
Sequins AND chevron?! I know a lot of people who would love to get their hands on this!

michael stars sequin raglan
Just bought this off Gilt in black.... 60 seconds ago. #shoppingproblem


0 comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger