bucket list: visit all 50 states: utah

Thursday, September 27, 2012



I'm sure you're all checking this list daily.... but in case you missed it, the number of states visited on my bucket list ticked up to 27. If you hadn't guessed already from Monday's post, I went to Utah for the first time last weekend.

Does anyone else love taking pictures out of the plane window? 

 We did some touristy things like go to Temple Square in Salt Lake City. The architecture is beautiful and I learned about the Latter-Day Saints religion, which admittedly I knew little about before visiting.


Bro and I outside of the Salt Lake Temple. rose gold sweater // jeans
The Tabernacle at Temple Square.

Salt Lake Temple from the front.

The flowers in Utah were like nothing I've ever seen before.


I had to get a picture of this flower since the color oxblood is so popular this season.

After about an hour in Salt Lake, we hit the road towards Park City.   

Olympics ski slopes.
Utah has some interesting laws when it comes to boozing, like draft beer is only 3.2% alcohol unless you're at a microbrewery. So we went to a microbrewery.

A Porter, Pumpkin ale and Apricot ale. The pumpkin was, in one word, delicious.

Our favorite bar/beer garden on Main Street in Park City.

Mom and I enjoying our favorite beers at No Name. She got Coors Light (with a few ice cubes - weird I know) and I got Kansas City's own Boulevard Wheat.
There you have it. My first trip to the beautiful state of Utah. It was quick since we were en route to my cousin's wedding in Wyoming, but we packed in as much as we could. September was a wonderful time to visit, but I made a promise to myself to come back for ski season. And bring Blue Eyes along next time!

2 comments:

  1. ha ha, way to pick the microbrewery. What a weird law. Love that sweater too. How was the Apricot ale? Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The apricot beer was delicious and really refreshing. I called it an ale but actually it's a hefeweizen, which is one of my favorite styles of beer. They also had a raspberry wheat I really enjoyed. OK, it's 10am and I'm already craving beer...... :)

      Delete

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger