one of these things is not like the other

Wednesday, September 5, 2012



Here's a little game for your hump day. Which one does not belong:







Did you figure it out? OK I'll tell you, it's the last picture. Which is also my room. Do you feel like you know me better now? I kind of feel like you're peeping Toms... Kidding.

My roomie and I have officially renewed our lease and are staying in our spacious apartment on the Plaza for another 10 months. Before signing on the dotted line, we debated renting a small house in the Prairie Village area. Although we eventually decided against it, the decorating ideas leftover are still very much with me.

A few weeks ago I went to my Interiors Pinterest board to see if there were any recurring themes I could easily implement in a new living space. (Side note: How many walk-in closets and gigantic ranges does one girl need to pin?) One decor pattern kept popping up from my year and a half of pinning: simple white linens in the bedroom.

I've already mentioned my issue with white comforters here, but I really think I should try this in my own room. I've never had a crisp, white bed. The duvet cover you see above is circa college. Anyone else still have their college comforter? I sure hope not but if you do, at least you now know you're not alone. This duvet cover just happens to match our walls that I can only describe as "not-quite-finished-baking-caramel" colored. I tried to spice it up with the cute Anthro bed skirt, which kept me from buying new linens for the last two years.

The current color scheme throughout my bedroom is jewel-toned, which I still enjoy (especially on nails) but am ready for a change. My goal over the next few weeks is to show you peeks of my room as I slowly go through the change from peacock hues to white with a few pops of color.

image credits: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // mra (me!)

1 comments:

  1. If my friend Rach, mother of two boys 3-years-old and under can rock the white bedroom, you can too. Even with your drinking wine in bed habits. :-)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger