spending freeze results

Thursday, September 27, 2012



I'm all about transparency and keeping it real here on finer feelings, and today it's time to share with you the results from my 30 day spending freeze. In case you're new, *welcome*, and check out this post where, inspired by Morgan at xoxo, me,  I spontaneously decided to cut out clothes, shoes, and accessories shopping for an entire month.

So how did I end up? Since I'm a finance dweeb, I will let this pie chart from mint.com do the talking.


Boo yeah. The category "Shopping" doesn't even exist in this 30-day span, which went from August 15th to September 15th. And just in case you don't believe me (probably everyone who knows me personally) and thought maybe I got sneaky and recategorized some purchases as "Other", here's a snapshot of what went in to that category.

Don't even get me started on that ATM Fee. It's the first time I've had one since switching banks close to six months ago. Grrrr.

So there you have it! I spent $0 on clothes, shoes, & accessories, and did zero online shopping for an entire month. Seriously, if I can do it, anyone can do it. Even in the fall. 

Disclaimer: Ok you guys. I have to get this off my chest. I went to a Sporting Kansas City game on Friday, Sept. 15th (last day of the freeze) and had promised myself earlier in the season that if I went to two games this year, I could buy myself a Sporting shirt. That Friday was my second game, so I spent $22 on a top to wear that night. Since it was a Friday afternoon, it didn't hit my card until the next Monday - which is outside of the freeze window. But it's a really cute shirt and I love my soccer team!!! 

I told you it's all about transparency around here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger