Fall wish list for the working girl

Monday, September 17, 2012

Mossimo vianca tuxedo flat

gap embroidered loafers

I almost never wear heels at work. If I do, I have to make sure I've brought my lunch to the office because my ankles have become so weak and used to not wearing three inch heels everyday. The down town Kansas City streets were not made with cute heels in mind.
I am loving these two loafer options from Target and Gap. There are so many cute print and color options for both of these styles, and the price points are reasonable enough that I might have to splurge and get two of each. I'm thinking adding the purple Mossimo flats and the polka dot Gap loafers to the mix.


madewell true love shrunken oxford

Along with my very favorite Banana Republic silk blouse (mentioned here, similar found here), this Madewell  oxford is a staple in my closet.

gap really skinny pants

Gap pants for work. You just can't go wrong here. Actually as I'm typing this (at work, shhhh.), I've got the True Straight on, which are the more conservative option than the Really Skinnies above. I live in these pants when the weather gets too chilly for skirts and I wake up too late to put on tights. Which is most everyday.


j. crew etta cap toe pump

In my own little dreamworld, these shoes are sitting right next to the Gap and Target loafers above. This is one heel I could live and work in: a sturdy heel, leather and cap-toe to boot. Even the description says this shoe is "for the girl who only ever wears flats". *sigh*

I bet I know what you're thinking: J. Crew, Gap and Madewell. Really. Don't step too far out of the box. But let me tell you, after dressing business casual for four years, these three brands continually deliver quality garments, have sales, and most everything is compatible. i.e. mix-match heaven. Today I barely have to think about what I'm going to wear in the morning, I just pull a top and bottoms from the work section of my closet, add a watch or necklace, and I'm out the door. Love that.

What are your work wardrobe must-haves this fall?

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way anymore, I almost ONLY wear flats. Kids here at K-State give you funny looks when you LOOK like you're still in college and wearing heels to work. So I just don't. We're moving buildings soon to an off-campus location, so I'm excited to bring out the heels again. Cute post. Miss Kansas City.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny - I blogged about those Target tuxedo flats, too! Now, if only I would pull the trigger. Great to see you at Fashion's Night Out!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger