album l.o.v.e.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I've already mentioned this band briefly a while ago, but I am so in love with them, they deserve their own post.

These guys are brilliant......

You've probably heard their first single "Pumped Up Kicks", released early in 2010 but just now hitting major radio stations. If you like the happy, catchy.... alright, addicting music with the interesting (read: dark) lyrics of Kicks, the entire album will be a thrilling experience for you.

Seriously, I like the whole thing. I can't remember the last time that happened. Not even old faithful The Black Keys do that to me. They're so awesome Weezer did a cover of Pumped Up Kicks at Lollapalooza last weekend. When Rivers Cuomo sings your song at Lolla, you've pretty much made it.

And to look past their musicality, they give back to the community. Just announced today, they are kicking off "Foster The Future" in partnership with The Do Good Bus. They'll work with a charity in each city on their North American tour and spend some time volunteering there. *Sigh*

Embarrassing story time: FTP came to Kansas City for a 7am acoustic show. My favorite radio station in town was putting it on: first come, first serve. Blue Eyes & I were PUMPED to see them (excuse the pun, it was intended). So excited in fact, that we woke up at 4:30 on a Tuesday morning, fully ready to play hooky from work for a few hours, drove to the Firefly Lounge, and parked in the empty lot. What? Were we that big of fans? Or do these early morning shows really not pull in a crowd? Something was seriously wrong.... so we pull up the radio station's website on the Blackberry and sure enough, the concert is at 7am on FRIDAY. I was so excited to see them perform I forgot to listen to the ad long enough to figure out when they were playing. And apparently Blue Eyes believes everything I say, which in most cases is good except when I pull a ditz move like that. As if that isn't bad enough, the worst part is by the time Friday morning came around, I missed the concert. Effff!

Next time, Mark Foster & co, I will make it to hear your music. Come back to KC soon please!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger