mason jar chandys

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

First item of note today: All six of my crazy friends landed safely after free-falling from a plane for 90 seconds at 120 mph. Needless to say, I went to church Sunday night to give a little extra *thanks*.

After the long afternoon in the sun, the last thing I wanted to do was go to an outdoor concert. But that's what I did. Old Crow Medicine Show only comes to Kansas City but once a year, and Blue Eyes and I were not going to miss seeing (and singing to) Wagon Wheel in person.

Ketch, Willie and the rest of the band were amazing live! If they come to a town near you, please do yourself a favor and go to their show. Not only is the music and entertainment factor a wow, but the stage decor was possibly my favorite. Ever.

Pretty chevron lights lit up the backdrop and mason jar chandeliers hung from the catwalk.


The whole mason-jar-as-decor thing is not new. Especially if you've been on Pinterest since last June, you've most likely seen the same mason jar pins be recycled and repinned over and over. I do still enjoy a good mason jar vase, but there was something so rustic and whimsy and perfect about these chandys at the concert. I wish I had a better picture than the above. It doesn't give the chandeliers justice at all.

Can't get enough of mason jar chandys now? Me neither. I would love to host a party or shower where I could put these to use!

via

via

via


4 comments:

  1. I get it about the mason jars. I JUST bought these last night to make some personalized stationery with - http://www.etsy.com/listing/101652399/14-hand-drawn-mason-jars-and-digital

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are so cute! Love the hanging mason jars and buttons.

      Delete
  2. Soo cute! Loving these DIYs! How awesome would they be at an outdoor wedding!!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you said you went to church to give a little extra thanks! Lol and the chandeliers are gorgeous! They would also look great on a sun deck!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comments, I adore reading them.

finer feelings All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger